I know that Hawaiian Pizza is kind of controversial, pineapple isn’t consider an Italian pizza topping but I love it, in fact it’s become my favorite. I was a die hard pepperoni pizza girl until they built a Old Chicago Pizza not too far from home There they serve a Hawaiian pizza that is loaded with Canadian bacon, pineapple, roasted red peppers, and a sweet and spicy sauce. I’ve tried to recreate the sauce at home with absolutely no success. Okay now for the good part! I was on facebook and saw photos of a new brand of product called Slathern’ Sauce. Having developed my own barbecue sauce business I am always anxious to try others. You know I am quite partial to my own sauce even though I have sold the business; however, I am compelled to tell you about this Slathern’ Sauce. It is as irresistible as its name implies, I’m talking out of this world fantastic! I used it on steaks, fried chicken tenders and then as the sauce for this fabulous pizza. Head on over to my reviews page to get more information on this new sauce sensation! Plus if you leave a comment here you will be entered to win a 16 oz bottle each of Original Slathern’ Sauce and Spicy Slathern’ Sauce!
WE HAVE A WINNER: KIMBY
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!!
USA entries only.
To enter leave a comment on this post.
For extra entries leave a comment stating that you have done any of the following and if you are already doing them just leave a comment stating that you are.
Like Slather Brand Foods on facebook.
Like Miss in the Kitchen on facebook.
Follow me on twitter.
Sign up for Miss in the Kitchen emails.
Entries will be accepted through April 15, 2011 10 p.m. mountain time and a winner will be chosen at random.
I am sponsoring this giveaway all opinions are my own, thank you very much!
Recipe: Hawaiian Pizza
- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 cup Slathern’ Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on a clean, lightly floured surface to about a 10 to 12 inch circle.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Place pizza dough over cornmeal.
- Spread Slathern’ Sauce over pizza dough, sprinkle mozzarella over sauce, followed by bacon, pineapple and onions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is cooked through, browned and crispy.