I know that Hawaiian Pizza is kind of controversial, pineapple isn't consider an Italian pizza topping but I love it, in fact it's become my favorite. I was a die hard pepperoni pizza girl until they built a Old Chicago Pizza not too far from home There they serve a Hawaiian pizza that is loaded with Canadian bacon, pineapple, roasted red peppers, and a sweet and spicy sauce. I've tried to recreate the sauce at home with absolutely no success. Okay now for the good part! I was on facebook and saw photos of a new brand of product called Slathern' Sauce. Having developed my own barbecue sauce business I am always anxious to try others. You know I am quite partial to my own sauce even though I have sold the business; however, I am compelled to tell you about this Slathern' Sauce. It is as irresistible as its name implies, I'm talking out of this world fantastic! I used it on steaks, fried chicken tenders and then as the sauce for this fabulous pizza.
Recipe: Hawaiian Pizza
- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 cup Slathern' Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on a clean, lightly floured surface to about a 10 to 12 inch circle.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Place pizza dough over cornmeal.
- Spread Slathern' Sauce over pizza dough, sprinkle mozzarella over sauce, followed by bacon, pineapple and onions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is cooked through, browned and crispy.