Next time you fire up the grill you have to try this delicious Grilled Fruit Salad!
Sometimes I get really great products to try out and they inspire me to make new dishes and try new techniques. I received the Firewire Flexible Grilling Skewers and the Double Prong Skewers to try out. I put them to good use and made this Grilled Fruit Salad with Honey, Orange & Thyme Glaze.
Normally I let my husband do the grilling, he is our resident expert. I decided to give him a break and I grilled up some chicken and then I grilled up some fruit for a great twist on summer’s favorite side, fruit salad.
I will be sharing the grilled chicken recipe with you later in the week, so be sure to check back. I placed the fruit-filled Firewire Skewers on the outer circle around the coals. Indirect heat will allow the fruit to cook a little slower and not burn or get too soft.
The Firewire Double Prong Skewers are also great for making individual servings. Everyone can add what they like and each one has a different symbol, making it easy to identify your skewer on the grill. Plus they are just the right size for individual servings.
The Firewire Flexible Skewer holds twice as much as a traditional skewer and the design allows the handle to stay cool for easy flipping on the grill. Both skewer styles are marinade and dishwasher safe.
I NEVER remember to soak the bamboo skewers so these Firewire Skewers are so handy for me, in the drawer, ready to go, easy to use and easy cleanup. I loved them! They inspired me to get creative with grilling and this Grilled Fruit Salad was a huge hit. I added a few fresh strawberries and blueberries to the grilled fruit and it was a great side with the grilled chicken.
Guess what! I have a set of Firewire Skewers for one lucky person! Just enter using the widget below!
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, and cored
- 3 plums, cut in half and pit removed
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pit removed
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat grill.
- Thread pineapple chunks onto Firewire flexible skewer.
- Thread peaches and plums on to Firewire double prong skewers
- Place fruit skewers over indirect heat of grill. Watch carefully and turn over when fruit just starts to caramelize and the grill marks start to show. You don't want to grill it too long or the fruit will become too soft.
- Cook fruit about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- Heat orange juice and honey over medium-high heat until it just comes to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add fresh thyme and allow to cool.
- Cut grilled fruit into chunks and mix with strawberries and blueberries. Pour glaze over fruit and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclosure: I was provide with product for review, I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. Giveaway is being sponsored by Smith’s Edgeware.