Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches are simple and delicious summer treat that the whole family will love.
These Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches are so good you may want to make a double batch. I made these early in the afternoon and the kids were thrilled to have them as an after school snack. They were so super simple and I will definitely be making these often this summer. I’ve had a refrigerated pie crust in the fridge for forever and just can’t seem to get a pie made. I decided to cut it into cookie sized rounds. I thought at least the kids would snack on them if I couldn’t come up with a dessert idea. After they cooled, it hit me to make quick ice cream sandwiches. I Placed a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each pie crust and topped it with another and then rolled them in sprinkles. My kids love sprinkles. Emmet loves sprinkles more than any other food on the planet. Seriously. This kid begs for a bottle of sprinkles instead of candy. So it goes without saying that Emmet loved these ice cream sandwiches. Of course you could totally change these up with your favorite flavors of ice cream and you can roll them in nuts, toffee bits, mini chocolate chips or crushed OREO cookies. Endless possibilities, we need to experiment!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or homemade)
- 1 cup ice cream (I used vanilla)
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust and cut into twelve 3 inch circles with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Prick each circle with a fork about 3 times.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly. Scoop (I used my medium-sixed cookie scoop) ice cream onto a pie crust and top with another pie crust circle. Gently press together until ice cream is slightly flattened. Roll in sprinkles.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the freezer immediately.