Creamy Caramel Apple Sliders are the perfect fall treat and ready to eat in about 10 minutes!
Every fall, I find myself eyeing the caramel apples at the grocery store. I don’t buy them because I always intend to make my own, but in the end it is too much trouble. I had quite the craving for them the other night and my craving turned into a decadent caramel apple dessert.
I always have KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Dinner Rolls in my pantry, well that is unless a certain teenager has discovered them first! They make the best little sandwiches so I thought why not a dessert slider.
I sliced the rolls and spread them with a little mascarpone cheese that was mixed with maple syrup. I added thin slices of a sweet Honey Crisp apple, a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzled it with caramel. I lightly toasted the sliders and they were a perfect little treat. I think it took me a total of about ten minutes. You have to love a dessert that is ready in 10 minutes!
These Creamy Caramel Apple Sliders would be an extra special after school treat or the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 4 KING'S HAWAIIAN ® Dinner Rolls
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (or whipped cream cheese)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ Honey Crisp Apple, thinly sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons caramel (ice cream topping or dulce de leche)
- Slice rolls in half and place on a baking sheet. Mix mascarpone and maple syrup together until smooth. Spread cheese over bottom side of rolls. Layer apple slices over cheese, sprinkle with cinnamon. Drizzle caramel over apple slices.
- Add tops of rolls to baking sheet, cut side up. Place under the broiler for just a few minutes. Keep your eye on them and when the top sides of the buns just start to brown, remove from oven.
- Place roll tops over sliders and serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian®. The opinions and text are all mine.