It never fails, the holidays are hectic. I want them to be calm and relaxed and enjoyable. I have this issue with taking on too much work- too many recipe development opportunities, new social media clients, and have I mentioned we are building a new house? I need an intervention.
As you can see we we have our Christmas tree up and decorated but it's a little sparse in the gift department! I am totally a last minute shopper. I was reading my email the other day and was thrilled to find that I could cash in my Chase Ultimate Rewards as a Chase Freedom card holder (also available to Chase Sapphire and Ink from Chase cardholders). Every time you use these cards, you earn points on every purchase and those points can be redeemed for your choice of rewards including travel, experiences, merchandise, gift cards and even cash back! The gift cards will be perfect for my older niece and nephew, who get harder to buy for every year. There's a huge range of cards to choose from. Ultimate Rewards also gives cash back via direct deposit ot cardholders starting at $20 for 2,000 points. Merchandise redemptions and gift cards are available at the same prices you'd pay in store without additional mark-ups, so a $50 product/gift card is 5,000 points.
- Chase Ultimate Rewards can also be used for exclusive, VIP access to concerts, sporting events, movie premieres and more. Rewards can be redeemed for travel on any flight, any time without blackout dates and restrictions.
- The newly redesigned UltimateRewards.com lets you easily see your points and tailors reward offering offerings and experiences based on your card activity and content that you "like". This makes redeeming points so much easier, because you're seeing the rewards that matter most to you. All of this is easily accessible from your smart phone too!
- And as though that isn't Ultimate enough, Chase is helping to stretch your budget even further, offering extra incentives to cardholders with Ultimate Rewards during the holidays!
Our family tradition is to decorate the Christmas tree and all enjoy a glass of eggnog. I'm not much on eggnog so I made myself a Cinnamon Mocha this year. It was so good and I will be enjoying these all winter long! I like to make a small batch of ganache and keep it in the refrigerator to make hot chocolate, mochas, or when I just need a bite of chocolate.
This mocha is super simple to make with a couple of spoons of ganache, brewed coffee, a dash of cinnamon and a bit of half-and-half. To make it extra special for the tree trimming I garnished it with a little whipped cream. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxed holiday season! Be sure to So take a look at Ultimate Rewards for one stop shopping and take a little stress out of your holiday!
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate ganache (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream for garnish
- For the chocolate ganache :
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine coffee, ganache, whipping cream and cinnamon. Pour into a mug and garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
- For Ganache: Heat whipping cream until it starts to bubble. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- *Double as needed.