Caramel Macchiato Granita – a delicious frozen treat of creamy coffee and dulce de leche caramel, refreshing and the perfect summer dessert!
Coffee + Dulce de Leche is so delicious, one of my favorite combinations. It has been so dang hot this week that we have barely finished our morning cup of coffee. I have been wanting to try coffee granita for sometime and with a bit of coffee leftover from the morning, I made the best summer treat!
I combined the left over morning coffee with Dulce de Leche caramel, milk and a little sugar. Then it is simply put in the freezer, as it starts to freeze you scrape the ice crystals every 30 minutes until you have this wonderful frozen concoction. So easy!
I served Caramel Macchiato Granita with a bit of whipped cream an extra drizzle of caramel and it was total frozen deliciousness. You can make this ahead of time and would be perfect for your July 4th parties or any hot summer day for that matter.
Try it, try it, try it! Seriously, try it!
- 4 cups coffee (still warm but not hot)
- ½ cup Dulce de Leche Caramel
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- Whipped cream and additional caramel for garnish
- Mix coffee, caramel and sugar together until sugar and caramel are dissolved. Stir in milk until well combined. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch cake pan and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove from freezer and scrape with a fork to break up frozen parts. Place back in the freezer and repeat every 30 minutes until completely frozen. Store in an airtight container (I used a zip top freezer bag) until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon into a serving dish and garnish with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.