As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I served these cookies to my husband and kids without telling them about the surprise ingredient. They gave them the thumbs up and never would have guessed that they were filled with Cap’n Crunch cereal. I am a huge fan of cereal, just about every kind, especially the sugary sweet ones! There was a box of Cap’n Crunch on the counter and I thought about the Top Chef finale where Richard Blais talked about making Cap’n Crunch ice cream. He substituted foie gras for the Cap’n Crunch and went on to win the title of Top Chef. I couldn’t stop thinking of the Cap’n Crunch ice cream. I’m sure Mr. Blais is too busy with his Top Chef title to let me know how he planned on creating the ice cream, so I gave these cookies a whirl. For a little something different, give these a whirl, they are buttery and rich in flavor. What’s the most unusual ingredient you’ve added to cookies?
Recipe: Cap’n Crunch Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and brown sugar, beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda, beat until well combined. Fold in Cap’n crunch.
- Scoop onto a lined or greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.