Brisket Mac and Cheese is a comforting and delicious meal that comes together really easy for busy weeknights. Use up leftover smoked brisket with a homemade mac and cheese that is rich and creamy. The combination is a guaranteed winner with the entire family!
Smoked brisket is one of my favorites to make over the weekend and enjoy all week long. It’s the ultimate meal prep for me. Bbq brisket makes an amazing sandwich but we also love Brisket Tacos, Brisket Taquitos and Brisket Fried Rice too.
If you don’t smoke your own brisket just pick some up from your local bbq joint. You could even use leftover rump roast if that’s what you have on hand to make this kicked up homemade mac and cheese. It really needs to go on your menu this week!
How to Make Brisket Mac and Cheese:
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain well.
- Make the homemade cheese sauce by melting butter into a saucepan, whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and cream cheese. Cook until mixture thickens and stir in shredded cheese.
- Combine drained macaroni with cheese sauce and keep warm.
- Chop or shred brisket and mix with bbq sauce in a skillet over medium heat until heated through. Our Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and our Homemade Barbecue Sauce are both great options for making bbq brisket.
- Spoon mac and cheese into serving bowls.
- Top with BBQ Brisket.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Mac and cheese has always been my ultimate comfort food and when you top it with smoky barbecue brisket it is a whole new level of deliciousness.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Kitchen Must-Have’s for Pasta Dinners:
Enameled Cast Iron Sauce Pan is perfect for cooking macaroni and smaller pastas and making amazing sauces.
Enamel Colander handy for draining your favorite pasta and washing veggies. I love all of the colors that you can choose from.
My favorite Flat Whisk is a must-have for making pasta sauces and gravies.
Easy dinners are a must for busy weeknights and this Barbecue Brisket Mac and Cheese just fits the bill. Add in an easy green salad and some garlic bread and you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 12 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack, gouda or any combination)
- 1 pounds smoked brisket
- 1 cup Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Add butter to a medium size pan and whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat, whisking continually.
- Stir in milk, whisking until combined. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted and smooth.
- Stir in cooked and drain macaroni and keep warm while you heat the brisket.
- Chop or shred brisket and combine with barbecue sauce in a skillet over medium heat until heated through, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Spoon macaroni into serving bowls and top with barbecue brisket.
- Top with green onions if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 930Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 950mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 55g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.