BLT Wraps with Strawberry Vinaigrette & #PowerYourLunchbox! It’s back to school and I have a delicious and healthy lunch that even picky eaters will love! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Produce for Kids.
We are into our third week of school! So far so good, we are surviving without too many complaints. We all know that kids need extra good meals to help them through the school day. I am partnering up with Produce for Kids and taking their Power Up Your Lunchbox Pledge.
With a little planning and a little inspiration, packing healthy lunches can be easy! Like these BLT Wraps with Strawberry Vinaigrette.
BLT’s are top of the favorite’s list for my boys, but they aren’t the easiest for packing. I changed a regular BLT with a flour tortilla in place of the bread. I added spinach, fresh tomatoes, and carrots and topped it off with a mild strawberry vinaigrette. Very sneaky to get in those extra veggies! Avocados would also be a fabulous addition.
I drizzled the Strawberry Vinaigrette over the bacon to keep the veggies from getting soggy. It totally worked. A little burst of strawberry flavor and we never even missed the mayo. Perfect for packing!
I am terrible at judging the amount to fill a tortilla, rather it’s a wrap or a taco, I am a chronic over-stuffer. My boys are big eaters so I say this recipe makes 2 wraps. If your kids don’t have the appetites of giants, you could use small tortillas and this should make 4 wraps. Either way, this is totally easy and could all be prepared the night before and assemble quickly before school.
My boys would also love these “Inside Out” Roast Beef Sandwiches that I found on Produce for Kids! Lots of great healthy recipes and inspiration, so be sure to check it out.
These BLT Wraps are a surefire winner for everyone who packs a lunch!
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato diced
- ½ large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix lettuce, spinach, and carrot together in a small bowl. Layer half of lettuce mixture over each flour tortilla, top with diced tomatoes and bacon. Drizzle with strawberry vinaigrette. Roll up tortilla and secure with a pick.
- Can be wrapped in plastic wrap for packing in a lunch box.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Be sure to follow Produce for kids on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for recipe ideas and way to save in the produce section of your grocery store!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Produce For Kids. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who help make this site possible.