I’m so excited to share the recipe for Bacon Pancakes from Stack Happy 70 Flipping Delicious Flapjack Recipes for breakfast, dinner, and dessert by Karly Campbell.
Pancakes are a Sunday morning thing at our house and my family was more excited about the new cookbook Stack Happy that arrived in our mail box recently than any other, ever.
I’m sure you all know Karly from her amazingly delicious recipes at Buns in My Oven (best blog name ever, right?). Stack Happy is filled with 70 pancakes recipes and gorgeous photos, there’s even a section of healthy pancakes! I pretty much plan to make my way through this cookbook in the very near future!
Of course I had to start with the Bacon Pancakes! I made them for breakfast last Sunday morning while the whole family was home.
I made a double batch and there wasn’t as much as a crumb left. The boys all agreed that they were the best pancakes that they had ever eat! But my husband’s declaration that he wanted to form a family crest based on Karly’s Bacon Pancakes really said it all. They were seriously perfect.
I cook a lot, sometimes 3 meals a day. I always ask for feedback for recipes that I develop for the blog and the guys are great to tell me honestly what they think. That’s usually the end of the discussion but they were talking about these Bacon Pancakes all day long. I kid you not.
I can’t wait to try the Honey Bun Pancakes, the Strawberry Ricotta Whole Wheat Pancakes and the BLT Potato Pancakes. There’s something for everyone plus a whole section on sauces and syrups.
I’m telling you this is a cookbook you’ve got to add to your collection. It would also make a great Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gift or excellent for anyone who has a kitchen! Get your copy here and be sure to stop by and see more delicious recipes at Buns in My Oven.
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and butter for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, turning halfway through. Drain on a paper towel- lined sheet until cool enough to crumble into pieces with your fingers.
- Set aside ¼ of the bacon crumbles for topping the pancakes. Use the remaining ¾ of the bacon for pancake batter.
- Heat a large skillet or or griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a heated griddle or skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles have formed on the surface and popped. Flip the pancake and con tuned cooking until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with butter and maple syrup and sprinkle on the reserved bacon.
Disclosure: I was provided a copy of Stack Happy for review purposes but all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate link, meaning I might make a few pennies if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.