As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Father’s Day is fast approaching and I wanted to make something that I knew my Dad would like. It’s been many years since I’ve actually spent Father’s Day with my Dad, but he knows that I love him all the same.
My Dad loves avocados and much to my Mother’s dismay he loves Petit Jean Bacon. All things in moderation, right? So, I had to put the two together and here you have it: Bacon-Black Bean & Avocado Salsa.
I used Petit Jean Pepper Bacon and it adds a little kick to the salsa without it being too hot. If you or your Dad like the hot stuff, you could throw in a diced jalapeño. For now I’m happy with a touch of black pepper.
I am pretty sure this Bacon-Black Bean & Avocado Salsa will be making appearances at all of our barbecues this summer!
Included in the Petit Jean Bacon Sampler:
- Petit Jean Hickory Smoked Bacon (1.5 lb)
- Petit Jean Hickory Smoked Thick-Sliced Bacon (1 lb)
- Petit Jean Hickory Smoked Peppered Bacon (1.5 lb)
Sign up for the Petit Jean Meats Email Newsletter. Please leave a comment letting me know you did. By signing up you are agreeing to accept occasional emails from Petit Jean Meats about products and specials. You may opt out at any time.
For Bonus Entries:
- Let me know if you are a facebook fan of Miss in the Kitchen and Petit Jean Meats.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Petit Jean Meats on twitter.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Petit Jean Meats on Pinterest.
- Sign up for Miss in the Kitchen emails or RSS.
- Share this giveaway on facebook, twitter or pin this post.
Please leave a comment for each.
Open to US Residents, 18 years and older. Entries received through June 12, 2013, midnight CST.
Order directly from Petit Jean Meats or their online partner www.kountryspecialties.com. Bacon delivered to your doorstep, how cool is that? And I’m pretty sure every dad on the planet would love to get bacon for Father’s Day!
- 4 slices Petit Jean Peppered Bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley
Add bacon, black beans and tomatoes to a bowl. Toss diced avocado with lemon juice and add to bacon and bean mixture. Add orange juice garlic salt and cilantro. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve chilled or at room temperature with tortilla chips.
Disclosure: I am a proud Ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. A company I grew up loving and still do. I was provided with product for recipe development purposes; however I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. Petit Jean Meats is sponsoring the giveaway.