Avocado Chicken Quesadillas are one of those meals that hit the spot every time! Great for lunch or dinner with all the flavor you could want.
Avocado Chicken Quesadillas ~ Easy Lunch Recipe
These Quesadillas are amazing for snacks, lunch, or dinner. You can even make these for a game day. Refreshing and tasty, easy to prep and the crowd will eat them up.
flour tortillas, fajita size
Pepper-Jack cheese, shredded
cooked chicken, diced
avocado, diced sprinkled with garlic salt
green onions, diced
How To Make:
Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add a little butter to the griddle and melt.
Place one tortilla over melted butter, sprinkle with ¼ cup Colby-Jack and ¼ cup Pepper-Jack cheeses, ½ cup of chicken, ¼ of the green onions, and ¼ of the avocado, top with another tortilla.
Cook until browned, using a spatula gently flip over and cook until bottom tortilla is browned.
Remove to a cutting board and slice with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into 4 wedges.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, or spicy ranch dressing.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 flour tortillas, fajita size
- 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup Pepper-Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 California avocado, diced sprinkled with 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 green onions, diced
- HEAT A GRIDDLE OR CAST IRON SKILLET OVER MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT UNTIL HOT.
- ADD A LITTLE BUTTER TO THE GRIDDLE AND MELT.
- PLACE ONE TORTILLA OVER MELTED BUTTER, SPRINKLE WITH ¼ CUP COLBY-JACK AND ¼ CUP PEPPER-JACK CHEESES, ½ CUP OF CHICKEN, ¼ OF THE GREEN ONIONS, AND ¼ OF THE AVOCADO; TOP WITH ANOTHER TORTILLA.
- COOK UNTIL BROWNED, USING A SPATULA GENTLY FLIP OVER AND COOK UNTIL BOTTOM TORTILLA IS BROWNED.
- REMOVE TO A CUTTING BOARD AND SLICE WITH A SHARP KNIFE OR PIZZA CUTTER INTO 4 WEDGES.
- REPEAT WITH REMAINING INGREDIENTS.
- SERVE WITH SOUR CREAM, SALSA, OR SPICY RANCH DRESSING.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 881mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 33g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.