Brownies, brownies, brownies! I love them plain, with nuts, with icing, with almond butter, okay you get it, but with almond butter icing they are fabulous! Now you can bake brownies, eat brownies and support your local school. How is that? I'm sure you've heard of "Box Tops For Education".
- Now, you can find Box Tops for Education on all Betty Crocker baking mixes*, including new Fun da-middlesTM, individual cupcakes with a fun, creamy center.
- This back-to-school season, look for double Box Tops on specially marked packages of Betty Crocker baking mixes.
Your prize pack will contain:
- Cupcake iclips
- Cupcake bag
- Cupcake notepads
- Box Tops for Education pencils
- Neoprene Lunch Sack
This school year, giving back to your school can be as easy as looking for the Red Spoon on your favorite Betty Crocker® dessert mixes, the only brand in the baking aisle with Box Tops. Whether you´re collecting for new computers, library books, or a playground, through the Box Tops for Education® program you can help make a difference. Last year, your contributions earned more than $59 million for America´s schools!
CONGRATS TO ANGELA!
- Leave a comment here and you could win a prize pack! Just state which of your favorite Betty Crocker dessert mixes you plan to purchase to collect the Box Tops and help your local schools.
- Entries will be accepted through Thursday, September 29th. US residents only. Winner will be chosen at random.
- Extra Entries, please leave a comment for each of the following.
- Follow Betty Crocker on Facebook.
- Follow Box Tops for Education on Facebook.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Facebook.
- Follow Betty Crocker on Twitter.
- Follow Box Tops for Education on Twitter.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Twitter.
- Subscribe to Miss in the Kitchen by email or RSS.
Now how about those Almond Butter Iced Brownies!
Almond Butter Iced Brownies
18.4 oz package Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
3 tablespoons water
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder *optional
3 oz cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup almond butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 oz milk chocolate for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, add brownie mix, water, oil, eggs and espresso powder. Stir until smooth and all ingredients are well combined. Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
In a large mixer bowl combine cream cheese and almond butter and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed. Drizzle in milk and add vanilla. Continue to beat until well combined. Spread over cooled brownies. Shave milk chocolate over brownies for garnish.
Cut into squares and serve.