Two of my favorite Cookies come together for my new favorite treat: Snickerdoodle Shortbread Bites. Great for an after school snack or a delicious holiday treat.
I’ve been experimenting with different kinds of shortbread and although you can’t go wrong with shortbread, I am currently obsessed with these Snickerdoodle Shortbread Bites. I cut them into small squares in hopes of moderation. It didn’t work.
The cinnamon sugar topping gets all crusty and crunchy and it really makes these little treats irresistible. They just sort of melt in your mouth. Pure buttery, sweet goodness.
Besides the fact that they are scrum-dilly-licious the other wonderful thing is how easy they are to make. I kind of have a thing for bar cookies. Just mash them in the pan and bake them all at once. It’s like a short cut for cookies, no scooping and switching out cookie sheets every 10 minutes. Lately I just don’t have time for it.
I can’t really believe that Thanksgiving is next week. I haven’t even made a definite menu plan yet. I am so last minute on every thing I do. Oh well, it keeps things interesting. Right? Well maybe. One thing I know for sure is that you are going to love these Snickerdoodle Shortbread Bites! I could have eat the whole batch all by myself. Luckily the guys were glad to help me out.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add butter to a large mixer bowl and beat butter on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add sugar and continue to mix until combined. Lower mixer to low and gradually add in flour. When flour is just combined raise to medium and mix one minute.
- Spread evenly into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Combine ⅓ cup of sugar an cinnamon and sprinkle over shortbread.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan. Cut into 2 inch squares to serve.