Slow Cooker Margarita Pulled Chicken perfect for tacos, tostadas, sandwiches and more!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pacific Foods.
The slow cooker has become my best friend. I use it at least once a week but usually it is more like two to three times per week. It has basically taken up permanent residence on my kitchen counter.
I spent the weekend trying to catch up on a few things that I have been putting off. If you look up the word Procrastinate in the dictionary, you will find my picture. True story. I had some recipes to develop, a lot of laundry, muddy floors and a big pile of work that I needed to get to.
The slow cooker swooped in and made dinner a snap. I had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I thought I’d try out a slow cooker version of Margarita Chicken. It was so easy to throw together. The results were delicious and this is one of those recipes that have many, many possibilities.
I made tostadas with the shredded chicken. You could also make chicken nachos, tacos, enchiladas, or put a Tex-Mex spin on your favorite chicken and rice. You could even make awesome sandwiches. See there’s 6 different ideas right there! So easy.
I used Pacific Foods Organic Simply Stock to make this fabulous chicken. The name says it all, Simply Stock.
From the Pacific Foods website: Staying true to classic culinary traditions, our Organic Chicken Stock is made by gently simmering meat, bones, and mirepoix (celery, carrots & onions) for hours to bring out the rich, complex flavors.
I had a peak at another brand’s ingredient list, not so simple. My husband and I have had a talk or two about the unknown ingredients known as natural flavorings. I would guess it really means something we don’t want to eat. But who knows, right?
As a rancher, the organic label isn’t just a sticker on the products you pick up at the market, it is what you strive for when raising food for your family to eat. I think it is becoming more and more important to know where your food comes from. To know what the ingredient list is on the package. Pacific Foods says that every ingredient has a purpose. I like that. I also like that it is unsalted, very important to so many diets.
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- 8 oz Pacific Foods Simply Stock
- ½ cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- ⅓ cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeño,seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Layer chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl add remaining ingredients and whisk together. Pour over chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving liquid. Allow to cool slightly. Pull chicken apart using 2 forks. Place in a large bowl. Add about 1 cup of reserved liquid over chicken and toss to coat.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pacific Foods. All text and opinions are my own.