Quick & Easy Crock Pot Chili is ideal for busy weeknights or for your game day parties! Just a few simple ingredients and the slow cooker does all the work for you!
Chili is one of my go to meals for cold winter days. It is so delicious, so comforting and when using the slow cooker it is SO EASY! We prefer our chili to be on the mild side and I figure you can always add in a jalapeño or two if you dig the spice.
I intended to share this with you on Monday or Tuesday or ….well you get the picture. I seem to still be running in circles and if I had a tail I would certainly be chasing it. I have a whole years worth of book work looming over me and I am just about out of time to procrastinate.
These are the days that the crock pot saves me or we would be eating cereal and Ramen noodles for dinner. Well not together in the same bowl, but I think you know what I mean. Anyway, when chili cooks slow in the crock pot, the flavors just get better and better. You can’t beat a big bowl of chili to warm you up on a cold, blustery day.
I made this Quick & Easy Crock Pot Chili with venison. I’ve also made it with ground beef and Italian sausage is also really nice. It would also be great with ground chicken or turkey. The wonderful thing about chili is using what you have on hand and it still turns out wonderful.
A lot of times I will brown my venison or ground beef the night before, while I’m making supper. I stick it in a baggy in the fridge and then the next morning all I have to do is put it all in the crock pot and turn it on. Super easy!
I like to use vegetable juice, like V8, as the base of my chili. It gives it a little more of a veggie kick and a nice depth of flavor. It’s actually my secret ingredient. Do you have a secret ingredient for making your chili extra special?
- 2 pounds browned ground beef (venison, chicken, turkey or pork)
- 64 oz Vegetable Juice (like V8)
- 1 27 oz can Chili Beans (I like Bush's)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle
- Add ground beef, vegetable juice and chili beans to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and spices and whisk together. Add to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.