I’ve been on a pineapple kick lately and I’m loving it. This Pineapple Pork Loin was ready in a jiffy and the whole family loved it. It was another one of those nights that I had supper plans that I ended up not having time for.
I had this really nice pork loin and I was going to roast it and have some great mashed potatoes and maybe some homemade rolls. Sounds good doesn’t it. Well about the time I needed to put the pork loin in the oven something came up and I had to do something besides cooking supper.
Still yet, everyone was hungry. I decided to cut the pork into medallions so they would cook quickly. I lightly browned them added some pineapple and a little sliced onion. I let it simmer and by the time I had some Black Beans and Rice ready to go the pork was nice and tender.
I used two cans of pineapple because it seems we are always fighting over the pineapple chunks. Feel free to just use one can if you aren’t feeding an army of boys. We are also crazy about the sauce so I also liked the second can of pineapple for the extra juice, making more sauce.
If you have some sweet peppers they would be great with this Pineapple Pork Loin. With the lovely Wyoming weather lately (aka snow and more snow), my grocery shopping has been at a minimum so no peppers this time, but next time I will add them!
I am linking up over at The Hopeless Housewife Link Party, come join in the fun!
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 20 oz cans pineapple chunks
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Black Beans and Rice For Serving
- Slice pork loin into medallions about 1 to 1½ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add pork loin and cook about 3 to 4 minutes until it starts to brown. Turn over and cook until both sides are starting to brown.
- Add pineapple with juice and layer onion over the pork. Cover and turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pork, onions and pineapple to a serving dish, reserving liquid in the pan.
- Stir brown sugar into liquid.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and stir into reserved liquid. Raise heat to medium and cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve pork and pineapple over rice and drizzle with sauce.