A great No-Bake summer dessert recipe, perfect for cookouts.
No bake desserts are in high demand around here. I mean it’s too hot to cook but we still need dessert, you know. I was thinking about the Lemon Cheesecake Mousse that I made earlier this spring and decided to give it a pineapple twist and added a crust.
I made individual desserts and put them in disposable glasses – it is also too hot to wash dishes. Well not really, but I am lazy when it comes to washing dishes! Actually the disposable glasses make these Pineapple Mousse Parfaits perfect for a cookout.
Even though it has been super duper hot and humid here in Oklahoma, we have been enjoying it. We’ve been out on the lake fishing and swimming and having lots of fun. I suppose we better enjoy every second of it because it is only like a month until school starts! I wasn’t planning on it starting so early and even though the kids are excited to meet their new classmates, August 7th will come too fast!
So how about that recipe, you have to make this, it is so good. The boys said it was like pie in a cup. Pie is good but this is way easier than pie!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, well drained
- 6 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- fresh fruit for garnish
- Add heavy whipping cream into a bowl of electric mixer and beat at medium speed until it starts to thicken. Raise to high speed and beat until stiff peaks form. Scrape into a glass bowl and place in refrigerator while you prepare the cream cheese base.
- Add cream cheese to mixer bowl and beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat a low speed until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl and add vanilla. Beat at medium speed 1 minute.
- Add drained pineapple and beat at medium speed until well combined.
- Fold in whipped cream until all combined.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and place in 6 individual cups or bowls.
- Top with Pineapple Mousse and garnish with fruit.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
More No-Bake Desserts to Love:
No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert from Brown Eyed Baker
No-Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Banana Split Icebox Cake from The Girl Who Ate Everything