I’m sharing my favorite Pineapple Guacamole, it’s a super easy recipe and a healthy appetizer served up with mini sweet peppers! A great addition to any party or get together!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Produce for Kids.
This summer Produce for Kids is teaming up with Oklahoma Homeland stores to encourage families to eat healthy and also to support the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
Be sure to visit Produce for Kids for healthy recipes, sweepstakes and more details how you can join Homeland this summer to help feed local families!
I imagined that when summer arrived that life would slow down to a more leisurely pace. I was completely fooling myself. My to do list has never been longer but I’m still determined to spend a little more time away from the computer this summer.
Our garden is really taking off and I’m so excited for the summer produce. We have planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, eggplant, all sorts of peppers, okra, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe and a few other things. It’s the perfect excuse for me to get outside!
We had 3 inches of rain last week and it finally dried up enough to get rid of a few weeds. The kids joined in and helped us and although weeding isn’t really fun, it looked great and we enjoyed doing it together.
Since it has dried up a bit this week the guys are starting to get the hay cut down and ready to bale. I try to have some great healthy snacks ready to go when they get a break.
This easy and healthy Pineapple Guacamole was a big hit. I served it up with mini sweet peppers in place of chips. They were the perfect crunchy vessels for dipping!
I’ve been buying pineapples 2 at a time for recipes like this Pineapple Guacamole and Grilled Fruit Salad. They are so good on the grill!
Join Homeland and Produce for kids on Facebook to find out how you can join in!
Look for the Produce for Kids logo in stores next to the following products to help support Food for Kids:
- 3 ripe Mexican Haas Avocados
- juice of ½ of a lime
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup diced Victory Garden grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 cup finely shredded Green Giant Fresh Iceberg lettuce
- 1 pound sweet peppers, tops and seeds removed, sliced in half for serving
- Peel and seed avocado and cut into chunks. Reserve one of the avocado seeds. Place in a medium- sized bowl and toss with lime juice. Sprinkle with garlic and salt. Mash avocado until mostly smooth. Add pineapple, tomatoes and cilantro. Stir to combine. Pour into serving bowl and spoon shredded lettuce around the edge. Add the reserved avocado seed to the center to keep the guacamole from browning. Cover and refrigerated until ready to serve or serve immediately with sweet pepper halves.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!