Pineapple Crunch Muffins make a great breakfast or perfect for an after-school snack.
These little gems have a wonderful crunchy topping with a moist and delicious muffin underneath. Even those like Elaine from Seinfeld would love this whole muffin not just the top! The crunchy top is made with Panko bread crumbs, which seems to be my new favorite pantry staple. My kids tease me for using it so much, but they never complain about the outcome. These were a bright spot on a cold, dreary day as I impatiently wait on Spring to get here. When the temperature was nearly 60 degrees last week I was feeling like maybe Spring was getting close; however, I should’ve known better. We woke up to zero degrees and several inches of snow to start this week off!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl beat butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar together with an electric mixer. Stir in pineapple. Add flour and baking powder and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into a greased muffin tin.
- In a separate bowl, combine all topping ingredients until well combined. Sprinkle about a tablespoon over each muffin and press down gently with your fingertips. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Allow to cool for a couple minutes in the muffin tin and then move to a wire rack to cool.