It’s Pi Day, so today we are having PIE! It’s March 14, or 3.14 get it. Yeah, me neither. Well I get it but I also thought Pi Day was Tuesday, on the 12th. I can get excited about any day that is all about Pie. Today I am sharing one of my very favorite pie recipes in mini form.
These little pies are super easy to make and you won’t believe how fast they disappear. I usually make it into one big pie but I thought it would be fun to make mini pies. I can’t remember if I got this recipe from the back of the sweetened condensed milk can or out of my mother-in-law’s recipe box. I wrote it on a recipe card and it’s been in my little copper recipe tin since I’ve been married.
The only change I made to the original recipe is that I left out the yellow food coloring. I have an aversion to food coloring and I don’t even know why.
Before we get to the recipe I am joining my fellow Virtual Potluck friends for a really great giveaway! One lucky person is going to win all of these great prizes! Be sure to check out all of the fabulous pies!
- 1 box (2) refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- fresh whipped cream
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll pie dough and using a biscuit or cookie cutter, cut into 36, three inch circles. Press circles into a mini muffin tin. (You may have some pie dough leftover.)
- Prick bottoms of pie dough with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Whisk together until well combined.
- Spoon filling into baked pie shells and return to oven for an additional 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in muffin tin and removed to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lemon zest if desired.
Virtual Potluck Celebrates Pi Day:
Farmgirl Gourmet Goat Cheese Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
Diabetic Foodie Crustless Crab & Asparagus Quiche
Cooking with Books Carrot-Jalapeno Cheese Pie
30A Eats Southern Savory Tomato Pie
Thyme in Our Kitchen Chicken Pot Pie with Bacon
Cookistry Catboy Jam Crostata
Food Hunters Guide Lemon Cheese Danish Pie