Peppermint Kiss & Chocolate Chip Cookies for the 2013 Food Blogger Cookie Swap.
I love cookies and I really love Christmas cookies! Generally from November through about February life is completely crazy for me. Always. I make sure to slow down just a little around Christmas to do some serious baking. I usually try to get the kids to help and we make lots of cookies. So I’m pretty excited to be participating once again in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!
I kept trying new recipes for this year’s cookie swap. They kept failing. I was starting to feel a little anxious. I mean baking cookies for hungry boys is one thing, but baking cookies for other food bloggers is something else. After driving myself crazy, I decided to put a new twist on the cookie I bake the most. Chocolate Chip Cookies.
It’s Christmas so I added some Peppermint Kisses. Definitely a good idea. I hope that Amy of Stay and Have a Cookie, Alison of Creative Crops, and Stephanie of Plain Chicken liked the Peppermint Kiss & Chocolate Chip Cookies! I packaged them in little red and green gingham bags and sent them off in the mail.
It is so fun to bake cookies to send out and then the surprise as the cookies arrive in your mailbox is pretty cool. So much fun. The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap is organized and by the most wonderful pair of ladies: Lindsay of Love and Olive Oil and Julie of The Little Kitchen. Thanks ladies!
The cookies that arrived in my mailbox were so delicious!
I received fabulous Snickerdoodles in the cutest cookie jar from Ashleigh of Daily Cup of AsheeJoJo.
Angel Dream Bars that I literally couldn’t stop eating from Jordan of Where has All the Flour Gone?
Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies from Jessica of A Kitchen Addiction.
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2½ all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz bag of Hershey's Peppermint Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add butter to a mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until creamy about 2 minutes. Add sugars and eggs and continue to mix until well combined. Add vanilla and espresso powder, mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda, mix just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and Peppermint Candy Cane Kisses.
- Scoop onto a greased or lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.