Peanut Butter Bars with Dulce de Leche & Milk Chocolate Ganache a decadent dessert recipe that is simple and perfect for your sweet tooth!
I have a feeling that I think about food entirely too much. I often wake up brainstorming a new recipe to try, if only it were for brussels sprouts, kale or something healthy. Nope, most of the time it is something that will make you gain 5 pounds just by looking at it.
I will say these Peanut Butter Bars are worth every calorie. What we have here are peanut butter cookies topped with dulce de leche caramel and then drenched in at thick milk chocolate ganache and topped with chopped peanuts. They are rich and completely addictive!
These Peanut Butter Bars would be ideal for picnics, potlucks or a special weekend dessert. We had a nice weekend with Cody home from college. We survived the first week. Maybe I will try to send less than 27 text messages per day this week. Before he left last week he came brought me a pretty bouquet of flowers to say thanks for helping him get ready for college. Love that kid.
So grab a big glass of milk and dig in! It was so hard not to just eat the whole plate of these things.
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Dulce de Leche caramel
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 X 9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving enough over the sides to make the bars easy to remove from the pan. (Spray with non-stick spray if using foil)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix together until well combined. Add flour and salt and stir just until combined.
- Spread evenly into baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread caramel over the top of bars evenly. Remove from pan. Using a spatula carefully move the bars to a serving plate.
- Add milk chocolate chips and whipping cream to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, continuing to microwave in 10 second intervals until smooth.
- Pour over bars, spreading evenly over the top and down the sides.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
- Cut into squares to serve.