OREO Truffle Rice Krispie Treats are a mashup of two of my very favorite desserts that turns into one fabulous treat!
Rice Krispie Treats are one of my all time favorite desserts. I could no kidding eat a whole pan by myself. I got the idea the other day of mixing OREO truffles into Rice Krispie Treats, but I was unsure if it would work. Oh but it did work!
If you haven’t made OREO truffles before, it’s so easy. Just OREO cookies and cream cheese mixed up together, normally rolled into balls and coated in chocolate. SO GOOD. Even better mixed into Rice Krispie Treats!
Just a few minutes in my handy dandy KitchenAid Food Processor and you are ready to add that wonderful mixture to your standard Rice Krispie Treats and you have the best no-bake treat on the planet!
- 18 OREO Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Add OREO cookies to the bowl of a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and process until mixture comes together. Set aside.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, add butter over medium heat. When butter is melted add marshmallows, stirring continually until melted and smooth. Stir in OREO mixture and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies until all combined. Pour into an 8½ x 11 pan and spread evenly.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Spoon into a zip top bag and clip the corner. Drizzle over Rice Krispie Treats.
- Allow treats to cool and slice into squares. Store treats in an airtight container.
Disclosure: I received the KitchenAid Food Processor for recipe development purposes, I was not compensated for this post, KitchenAid appliances have been in my kitchen for over 20 years and I am thrilled to share my experiences with them. All opinions are my own.