Potatoes are probably the most versatile vegetable in my kitchen and a favorite of the whole family. I cook them nearly every day; they are the expected side on our dinner plates. Once I made meatloaf without mashed potatoes and according to my family, it was an epic mistake.
Potatoes are quite healthy, with more potassium than a banana and almost half your daily value of vitamin C (45 percent) and zero fat, sodium or cholesterol. I picked up some Mini Medley potatoes from the grocery store which included purple fingerlings plus red and white petites.
I wanted to do something different and a little fun with these. This was the first time for us to try purple potatoes, the boys were intrigued. I cut the bigger ones into chunks and left the smaller ones whole, tossed them with olive oil and sprinkled on a little salt and roasted them.
We are big dip eaters around here, honestly ketchup could be it’s own food category. Myself, I like something a little more sophisticated than ketchup. I have made Come Back Sauce for onion rings so I thought it would be great with potatoes. I used Greek yogurt in place of the mayo and still got a rich and creamy sauce but this time it was healthier.
Now you can serve these along side you steaks, hamburgers, or chicken nuggets (maybe not meatloaf at my house) or you can serve these as an appetizer! They are the perfect little bite and with the Skinny Come Back Sauce, they will knock your socks off.
I’m excited to be participating in Knuckle Salad & Kitchen Play’s Munch Madness featuring Potato Goodness! I will be asking 0r actually begging for your votes! I’m up against some pretty delicious dishes and not only can your vote help me to advance, you can win some awesome prizes!
I made it into the finals! You can help me become Tater Champ by voting everyday through March 26th! Just click here to vote. THANKS!
- 1½ pounds Mini Medley Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse Kosher salt
- ½ cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- For potatoes:
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes and dry thoroughly. Cut into 2 inch chunks if they are large or leave whole if they are small.
- Add potatoes to a bowl and coat with olive oil, toss to coat all sides.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and spread potatoes out where they are not touching. Sprinkle salt evenly over potatoes.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk together until well combined. Pour into a air tight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *Skinny Comeback Sauce can be made a day ahead and will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- To serve as an appetizer place sauce in a dipping bowl and surround with potatoes.
- Can also be served as a side dish with sauce on the side for dipping.