Light and Easy Fruit Tarts are a tasty summer treat with no guilt.
Today I have a fabulous summer treat that tastes great with none of the guilt, you are going to love these Light and Easy Fruit Tarts! I made these thinking they would keep me out of the cookie jar, but you know what? My boys loved them and were begging for more. I did manage to scarf one down before the boys discovered them. Lucky me.
Boys will eat you out of house and home but I think I’ve said that before. These Light and Easy Fruit Tarts seemed like dessert but they are actually good for you! Dessert that is good for you, that’s a win-win situation! The crust is whole grain, spread with Greek yogurt and topped with fresh fruit and just a bit of honey and fresh thyme.
Easy enough to serve as a quick snack for the kids and tasty enough to serve to guests as a light dessert. Heck, I could even eat these for breakfast!
- 1 Flat Out whole grain flat bread with flax
- 2 tablespoons strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 small strawberries, diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ¼ fresh peach, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Cut flat bread into 3 inch circles with a cookie or biscuit cutter ( I got 6 from mine.)
- Preheat a griddle and lightly toast flat bread circles on both sides.
- Remove from griddle to a paper towel to cool.
- Spread Greek yogurt over toasted flat bread circles.
- Add a kiwi slice to each and top with strawberries, peaches, honey and thyme.