Summer time is the perfect time for quick meals and shrimp is always a special treat for us. I found some big, beautiful butterflied shrimp at the grocery store and picked up a couple of pounds. Actually I didn’t realize they were butterflied until I got them home. I have such a keen sense of observation, well maybe not.
It was a little too breezy to use the outdoor grill so I threw them on the indoor grill and they were ready in no time. The bold flavor for these shrimp came from the Star Family Reserve Olive Oil with Lemon Peel and a little fresh garlic. No need to marinate for hours, which works well for me! Always running behind you know.
I steamed some broccoli and cooked up some rice and we had dinner in no time. These would also be totally scrumptious with a big plate of pasta.
This Lemon-Garlic Shrimp is the star of the show and would be great for a dinner party, back yard barbecue or just a great night at home with the family.
Be sure to check out Star’s Facebook page to enter this fabulous trip of a lifetime!
- 2 pounds butterfly large or jumbo shrimp
- ⅓ cup Star Family Reserve Olive Oil with Lemon Peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat grill or indoor grill.
- Rinse and drain shrimp.
- In a large bowl combine Lemon Olive Oil, garlic, parsley and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Place shrimp shell side up on grill and cook just until pink and cooked through. (About 3-4 minutes on outdoor grill and about 6-8 minutes on an indoor grill.)
- Serve with melted butter or cocktail sauce.
Disclosure: I was provided with product for recipe development purposes but I was not compensated for this post. As always all opinions are my own.