I still get excited when I go into the grocery store and find Kerrygold products. So when I got the chance to try the Kerrygold Cashel Blue Cheese, I was over the moon. I looove good blue cheese and this is literally the creamiest and it so delicious.
I’m pretty selective when cooking with blue cheese because actually I’m the only one in the house that likes it. I love it on burgers, crumbled in salads, and grilled cheese sandwiches. One of my favorite snacks is to mix blue cheese crumbles into ranch dressing with lots of black pepper with potato chips or butter crackers.
So I wanted to take on a challenge from Kerrygold and get creative. If chosen, I could win a year supply of Kerrygold products. Yee-haw! Kerrygold sent the Cashel Blue Cheese and I went to thinking.
I settled on a savory and sweet combination and to get that peppery goodness that I love so much with my blue cheese, I went with peppered bacon. So here you have it, Cashel Blue Bacon-Apple Flat Bread.
- 1 11oz can refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 cup shredded apples
- 4 slices peppered bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup Kerrygold Cashel Blue Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll breadsticks and lightly press together to form a rectangle.
- Place shredded apples into a clean flour sack towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Sprinkle over dough evenly. Top with bacon and Kerrygold Cashel Blue Cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bread is browned around the edges.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I was provided with product for recipe development purposes and I am eligible to receive a year supply of Kerrygold products. All opinions are my own.