Garlic Chicken & Artichoke Sub Sandwiches make a quick and delicious meal perfect for busy weeknights! This is a sponsored post on behalf of STAR Fine Foods.
When I was a cook on the ranch I made So. Many. Sandwiches. I’m not even kidding. Somedays it would be like 30 sandwiches. I would try to be creative, so it was never bologna and cheese. Nothing against a bologna sandwich but I tried to feed the hard working guys something really good.
Since then I am usually less than thrilled to eat sandwiches. My guys however love sandwiches, so I still like to get creative when it comes down to the sandwich making.
One of my very favorite things to cook with is Star Family Reserve Olive Oil with Roasted Garlic. I use it in so many dishes from meats to veggies and even bread. It adds so much flavor to the dishes I am cooking. So when STAR asked me to develop a recipe using it along with their delicious Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts, I was pretty excited.
I pounded some chicken breasts flat, brushed them with the olive oil, sprinkled on some salt and pepper and through them on my indoor grill. I sliced the chicken breasts and layered them with the marinated artichokes and sliced smoked cheese on whole wheat hoagie buns. I stuck them in the oven to get the cheese all melty and the buns all toasty. Let me tell you, these were no ordinary sandwiches.
They guys loved it and so did I. These Garlic Chicken & Artichoke Subs were my kind of sandwich! This was such a quick meal perfect for busy weeknights. I know this will be on the menu on a regular basis.
- Preheat indoor grill or grill pan.
- Pound chicken breasts flat, to an even thickness. Brush both sides with Roasted Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breasts about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from a grill. Slice into ½ inch slices.
- Drain and coarsely chop artichoke hearts.
- Cut hoagie rolls in half and lightly toast. Set hoagie bun tops aside.
- Layer chicken, artichokes and then cheese slices over hoagie bun bottoms. Place under the broiler just until cheese is melted.
- Mix mayonnaise and sweet mustard together and spread on tops of hoagie rolls. Place over sandwiches and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of STAR Fine Foods. I keep STAR products in my pantry and love cooking with them. All opinions expressed are truly my own.