There is a debate over crunchy cookies versus soft and chewy cookies at our house. However, there’s never a time that any of us will pass up a good cookie, no matter if it is crunchy or chewy. Today I am sharing the recipe for Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies that the whole family loved.
I added in some honey roasted peanuts for extra crunch and oats for texture. They are not overly sweet but definitely packed with peanut flavor and crunch.
Spring fever has hit and the boys are counting the days until summer break. Honestly so am I. The last few weeks of school are packed with concerts, field trips, banquets and I’m not even counting graduation. Homework holds no interest when there is so much daylight and time to spend outside.
I think I will have another cookie and pretend my schedule is free and clear.
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add softened butter to a mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and beat about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and beat until all combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, and oats, mixing until well combined about 2 minutes.
- Fold in honey roasted peanuts.
- Scoop into 1½ inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Dampen a large fork with water and dip into sugar and slightly smash cookie balls in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet.
More peanut butter sweets you might like:
Peanut Butter Caramel Twix Bars from Averie Cooks
Nutella Peanut Butter Chewies from Seeded at the Table
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts