These Coca~ Cola Barbecued Ribs are tender, juicy and delicious! A weekend favorite that the entire family will love!
The boys came in starving from football practice and the overwhelming smell of barbecue was emanating through the house. There were no hellos, how was your day…or anything resembling that, it was just “WOW something smells so good, what’s for supper?”. Of course that is like music to my ears. I try to have supper ready the minute they walk through the door.
I get a kick out of trying new barbecue sauces and I picked up a bottle of Coca-Cola to experiment with. The Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce was a big hit and was perfect for coating some baby back ribs. It makes a good size batch and you will have some sauce leftover but I’m telling you it won’t last long!
To go with the ribs I made sweet potatoes and a green salad with tomatoes from the garden and it was finger-licking-good. I’m not sure the boys were even chewing, they seemed to be inhaling the ribs.
These ribs would be a huge hit at tailgate parties, back yard barbecues and they are simple enough for weeknight suppers with the family.
We eat together every night and discuss the day. We rarely eat at the table but we do eat together. The boys fill us in on football practice and what went on at school and then they want to know what they missed on the ranch. They look forward to the days they get to move cows and help out with the fall work, which is fast approaching. I really do appreciate our lifestyle that allows us to spend so much time with our family.
- 5 lbs baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce
- Cooking Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- 2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Lay ribs over foil in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil. Bake for 1½ to 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Remove from oven and brush with Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce and return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn ribs over and coat with barbecue sauce. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and once again turn ribs over and brush with barbecue sauce. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Add Coca-Cola to a large saucepan or Dutch oven and place over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Add salt, garlic and chili powder and stir until well combined. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until ribs are done.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!