Chocolate Donuts with Mocha Glaze a fast fix for my chocolate and donut cravings!
I simply love donuts and these were perfect for my crazy donut cravings. They were ready in less than 20 minutes, less time than it would take me to get to the donut shop and back.
These are super chocolatey and the mocha glaze is just the ticket for these sweet treats. If you want to go over the top you could always add chopped nuts or sprinkles over the glaze. I’m not a big sprinkles fan but knock yourself out.
Most of the time I am cooking with my family in mind, but I have to admit that I made these Chocolate Donuts with Mocha Glaze all for myself. It’s been a stinky week and just being in the kitchen for a bit and enjoying a little chocolate with my morning coffee was a nice break. These chocolate donuts are baked, not fried. A few less calories to feel guilty over, I think.
I’m looking forward to this weekend. Having all of my boys around is always my favorite part of the week and I may even put my boots on and take a short trip to check out some bulls. I hope y’all have a great weekend and if you have a crazy sweet tooth like I do, make these donuts!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add buttermilk, melted butter, and egg and stir together.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon batter into donut pan and bake for 12-14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Remove donuts to a wire rack to cool.
- While the donuts are baking make the glaze. Add powdered sugar to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Stir in coffee until well combined. Add chocolate chips and microwave for about 30 seconds and stir. If chocolate chips are not completely melted return to microwave and cook in 10 second intervals until all melted. Dip slightly cooled donuts into glaze.
- Serve immediately.