I’ve been on a big Mexican kick lately and this Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe was so quick to make and just full of flavor! Perfect for a those busy weeknights! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pacific Foods.
As far as I’m concerned we could have Taco Tuesday every single night. I never get tired of Mexican flavors, not ever. Nachos are usually my go to snack. Quick weeknight meals are always a must around our house and when Pacific Foods asked if I wanted to try their new Organic Soup Starter Tortilla Soup Base, I could not resist!
Pacific Foods is hosting a Creative Chef: Soup Starter Edition Recipe Contest! You know I can’t resist a recipe contest. The good news is you can enter too!
Pacific Foods is looking for your best recipe using the Vegetable Pho or Tortilla Soup Starters. You could win a bunch of Pacific products plus a $150 gift card to throw a dinner party! FUN! You can enter until October 31st. Grab a box and get started!
Pretty much the sky is the limit with these soup starters. They certainly make a quick weeknight dinner so easy and the flavors are all there as if you had been cooking up a storm all day. Now that is my kind of supper!
The other great thing about Pacific Foods is that their products are organic and simple, it is food I can feel good about feeding my family. They are passionate about sustainable farming and I love that!
If you don’t have Pacific Soup Starters in your local market it is available from Amazon:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 32 oz Pacific Soup Starters Tortilla Soup Base
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 green onions
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I like Colby-Jack
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cilantro, chopped
- 5 corn tortillas, cut into strips and baked or fried until crisp
- 1 lime, sliced
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Tortilla Soup Base and when sauce starts to bubble, add orzo. Continue to cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in chicken and black beans and lower heat to simmer. Stir occasionally and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, green onions, avocado, cilantro, tortilla strips and lime.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pacific Foods. I received product for recipe development purposes and to promote the recipe contest. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.