Cheeseburger Gnocchi Soup is the perfect comfort food to warm you right up on a cold evening! This is an easy and delicious dinner that the entire family can agree on.
Cheeseburger soup has been a family favorite since we first tried it at the local diner in Wyoming. I love it for feeding a crowd and I made it even more delicious by adding in potato gnocchi!
Homemade soup is really simple to make. Almost every soup I make starts with carrots, onion and celery. It adds incredible depth of flavor and is totally worth the step of sautéing the vegetables together. Browning the ground beef until it starts to get crispy also adds a lot of flavor to this soup.
I cut the veggies up pretty small so that they cook quick and because certain picky eaters prefer not to eat vegetables. Imagine that. Soup is a great way to sneak in extra vegetables for those picky eaters, just add in your favorites to this soup.
My guys love cornbread with soup and my easy Skillet Cornbread is also great made into muffins. You just can’t beat this combination for dinner any night of the week.
Dinnertime is a great chance to catch up with your family for the day. I want to make an extra effort to sit at the table this year. We eat dinner in front of the tv most of the time but I do love those times we all gather around the table.
How about you? Do you have any goals or things you want to do more of this year? My friends Kristen & Bree are doing a 365 Rock Your Happy Challenge. I think it’s totally brilliant and just what I need this year! Be sure to check it out. Happy New Year y’all!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided use
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) corn
- 48 oz beef broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 16 oz packages potato gnocchi
- 2 cups shredded cheese ( I used 1 cup American, 1 cup Colby-jack)
- Add ground beef to a dutch oven and place over medium- high heat. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook, stirring often until browned and it just starts to get crisp.
- Remove ground beef to a bowl and set aside. Drain any excess fat and discard.
- Add olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and garlic to the dutch oven and lower heat to medium. Cook, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 7-8 minutes. Add ground beef, corn and beef broth, stirring to combine.
- Add cream or milk and cornstarch to a bowl and whisk together. Add to soup mixture and stir to combine. Add Mrs. Dash and Worcestershire sauce. Raise heat to medium high and cook 10 minutes. Add gnocchi and cook until it starts to float, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.