Muffins are always one of my favorite breakfast treats, especially when they have a messy crumble topping. These Butter Muffins with Biscoff-Oat Crumble are almost cake-like, making them very, very hard to resist.
I’ve made these particular muffins a few times and with slight variations and I’m declaring this to be my new favorite muffin recipe, for this week at least. As I always say muffins are perfect for our crazy mornings and the kids love them for a quick after school snack.
My kids have been sick, in fact my little guy had bronchitis. Thankfully the medicine is working its magic and he is feeling much better. Once he got to feeling better we decided to make a video. He was pretty excited to be in a video that I might share on the blog.
The video is of Emmet playing with the Hot Wheels Stunt Chargers toy. My video skills need some work but I knew a video would do more justice than me saying how cool Emmet thought this toy was.
He really got a kick out of it. He enjoys building ramps and chasing it all over and making our dachshund crazy with it. It does take 3 AA batteries but they last a good while. It is a little tough to line the charger and the car up and usually we have to help him get it started. We didn’t mind though, we enjoyed watching him laughing and chasing the car, or the car chasing him around.
So do you have a kid that would love one of these? Leave a comment on this post and you are entered to win. I just couldn’t pass up a chance to make a little kid happy. My little guy was sure happy when this arrived in the mail!
Open to US residents 18 years and older. Entries accepted through March 18, 2013. Winner to be chosen at random.
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Biscoff Spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix just until combined.
- Spoon into lined or greased muffin tin.
- Mix oats and biscoff together in a small bowl and spoon over muffins batter.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool or serve immediately. Store cooled muffins in an airtight container.
Disclosure: I was provide with the toy for review purposes, all opinions are my own.