Brown Butter Toasted Coconut Skillet Cookies are a great holiday treat with the deep nutty flavor from the brown butter and the toasty coconut, this is likely to become your new favorite cookie. Baked with Eggland’s Best Eggs.
I’ve been wanting to get in the kitchen to bake for the holidays but time has been a little short around these parts. These Brown Butter Toasted Coconut Skillet Cookies came together so quickly and so easy. I baked them in a skillet instead of scooping the cookies individually, making them ideal for when you are busy.
These Brown Butter Toasted Coconut Skillet Cookies are my new favorite cookie. I am going to be adding these to the Christmas baskets for the neighbors too.
Since we have moved I can be a little more selective of the ingredients that I bake with. One big change I’ve made is buying Eggland’s Best Eggs. I was just telling my mother-in-law how much better they were than just regular eggs from the grocery store.
Compared to ordinary eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs contain:
- 10 times more Vitamin E
- 4 times more Vitamin D
- More than double the Omega-3
- 25% less saturated fat
- 3 times more Vitamin B12
- 38% more lutein
So you need to get in the kitchen as soon as possible, brown a little butter, toast a little coconut and get to baking these fabulous cookies! I have a great Eggland’s Prize Pack to give to one luck reader to get you started!
Prize Pack Includes: Ceramic bowl, whisk, spatula, bowl scraper, apron, grocery tote bag, coupon for one dozen eggs and a plush egg toy (not pictured- Emmet and the weanie dog confiscated it and it couldn’t be located for photo).
- Leave a comment with what you would bake with Eggland’s Best Eggs.
For bonus entries:
- If you are a facebook fan of Miss in the Kitchen or Eggland’s Best, leave a comment.
- If you follow Miss in the Kitchen and Eggland’s Best on Pinterest, leave a comment.
- If you follow Miss in the Kitchen and Eggland’s Best on Twitter, leave a comment.
Open to US residents, 18 years or older. Entries received through Sunday December 15, 2013.
- ½ cup brown butter*
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups toasted coconut
- 1 tablespoon natural sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add brown butter that has been cooled to a mixer bowl and add brown sugar. Beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and coconut and mix about 2 minutes until all combined.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add cookie dough to skillet and sprinkle with natural sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: I was provided with a prize pack exactly like the one fore giveaway. I have been using Eggland’s Best Eggs and was thrilled to share my experience. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. The Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Eggland’s Best.