Typical of Morton’s books, the story flashes between present day and an earlier time. A crime is witnessed by Laurel, a teenager living on her family’s farm in 1961 England. At her parents request the family never discusses what really went on. Fifty years later the teenager has grown up to become a successful, well-respected actress.
Laurel returns to the family farm for her mother’s ninetieth birthday and she is flooded with the thoughts of what went on that day and the secret she has held inside. She is startled by a photo of her mother and a friend from long ago that Laurel has never met.
The mystery is deeply rooted through the story as Laurel patiently cares for her mother while digging and searching for answers that she may never find. It kept me turning the pages with twists and unexpected turns until the very end.
My sister-n-law and I always discuss books and we are always on the lookout for the next great book. About half-way through The Secret Keeper, I told her how much I was liking it. Of course she already knew, she had already finished it.
I am thrilled to have 3 copies of The Secret Keeper, by Kate Morton to giveaway! As much as I love my Kindle, I have to say, I still enjoy turning the pages of a real, live book. How about you?
- Leave a comment with the last great book you read.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Kate Morton on facebook.
- Share this giveaway on your facebook page.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on twitter.
- Tweet about the giveaway with something like, “Win a copy of the new Kate Morton novel, “The Secret Keeper” from @missnthekitchen http://www.missinthekitchen.com/?p=8854“
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Pinterest.
Leave a separate comment for each.
Entries received through January 1, 2013 (not used the “13” just yet!), open to US residents, 18 years or older. Winners will be chosen at random.
Disclosure: Giveaway is sponsored by the publisher, Atria Books, all opinions are my own.