Biscoff-Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a fun twist on a favorite breakfast treat!
Now that we are back in school, I wanted to share one of my very favorite back to school treats with you. These Biscoff-Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and delicious and will work for a quick breakfast or after school snack.
They are a little too good, I couldn’t stop eating them. In fact the first batch didn’t even last long enough to get a photo. I’ve always loved banana muffins but these are probably my new favorite with Tyler Florence’s Chocolate Banana Bread running a close second.
I’ve been sending snacks to my little guy’s class about once a week and I think these muffins will be on the list for next week. I think the kids will love them.
Our new school has a four day school week and we are loving that. It makes for long days but they are getting used to it. However, the second they walk through the door they are ready to eat. I try to have a variety of things for them to snack on like fresh fruit, sandwich fixings and almost always there’s something I’ve baked. With boys I’m not sure they even care as long as they can get their belly full.
Do you have a go to after school snack? I’d love to hear your about it!
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups mashed banana (really ripe)
- ½ cup Biscoff Spread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and sugar. Add eggs, mashed banana, Biscoff and vanilla and mix until well combined. (You can do this with the mixer - I just mixed it by hand).
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until all combined and smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for a couple of minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.