The Best Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes perfect for every day meals or special holiday meals. The best mashed potatoes ever!
I promised a recipe for the best mashed potatoes ever and here it is. Mashed potatoes are a must for comfort food dinners, and the holiday feasts would not be the same with out mashed potatoes.
There would be a revolt if there were no taters for the gravy. Well these taters were the best. The secret is the brown butter. Brown butter adds a great nutty flavor that is the perfect compliment to the potatoes.
I want my mashed potatoes to compliment the gravy. At Thanksgiving dinner, the gravy is where it’s at and these Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes are perfect.
I may never go back to ordinary mashed potatoes again. With the holidays fast approaching I have a gorgeous Le Creuset Serving Set to make your holiday table gorgeous!
You know I have a thing for Le Creuset. This serving set will make my Thanksgiving table so beautiful and will be perfect for entertaining throughout the year. I view every Le Creuset piece as an heirloom piece. I’m so excited to offer these gorgeous pieces to one lucky reader. Just enter on the widget below. Be patient, it takes a bit to load.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- ½ cup brown butter
- ¼ heavy cream
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place in a large pan. Cover with cold water and add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes. Return to pan with brown butter, cream, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Return to low heat, stirring occasionally until ready to serve.
- * To brown the butter: add butter to a small skillet and place over low heat. Stir occasionally, cooking until brown bits form. Do not allow the butter to burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
Disclosure: I was provided with product for review and Le Creuset is sponsoring the giveaway. All text and opinions are my own.