This is a sponsored post.
The topping might surprise you….it is made with RICE CAKES!! I bet you never thought of adding rice cakes to make a crunchy topping. Lundberg Family Farms has three new flavors of rice cakes: Kettlecorn, Hemp-a-licious, and Sweet Chili. I was put to the test to use them in a creative way along with Wallaby Organic Australian Style Yogurt.
The only problem I ran into, was that my kids were so in love with these crunchy and tasty rice cakes, that I had to beg them not to eat them all before I had a chance to cook with them! I’m being totally serious, they LOVED them!
These are not the cardboard variety of rice cakes that I remember as a kid. These are made with freshly milled brown rice and they taste wonderful. Far from boring! When you get to thinking about it, there are endless possibilities in creating tasty food with Lundberg Rice Cakes.
Lundberg Family Farms® Rice Cakes are wheat free, gluten free and made with the wholesome, natural goodness of brown rice. Truly exceptional taste, and a healthy snack for the whole family!
Lundberg Family Farms is hosting a Funny/Yummy Contest on Facebook. Like Lundberg and submit your own “yummy” or “funny” photos for a chance to win tasty prizes from Lundberg and their partners, Wallaby Yogurt and Justin’s nut butter.
For a little added fun you can enter here to win a prize pack with $100 in Lundberg, Wallaby and Justin’s Nut Butter and a $100 VISA gift card! Just enter on the widget below (be patient, sometimes it takes a minute or two to load).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 cup Wallaby Organic Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 Lundberg Kettle Corn Rice Cakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until pea size. Stir in apple and yogurt and combine until dough comes together. Pour onto a floured surface and shape into a round. Roll to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a large biscuit cutter. Carefully place 3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl crumble rice cakes into small pieces add cinnamon and melted butter and stir together until well combined. Sprinkle over scones and lightly press with your fingertips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Disclosure: This is a Brandfluential sponsored post on behalf of Lundberg Family Farms, Wallaby Yogurt, and Justin’s Nut Butters. All opinions are my own.