The topic was Food Trends and Ree and the panel of bloggers shared their favorite trends. It was quite interesting and inspiring.
- Ree talked about Meatballs and there are endless possibilities with meatballs. We love them as appetizers, on sandwiches and of course with pasta.
- Sommer of A Spicy Perspective shared Comfort Food Gone Global. Her recipe for Butter Chicken Sliders with Pickled Mango Slaw knocked my socks off!
- Julie of The Little Kitchen told us about Asian flavors and I took a little of that inspiration for today’s recipe. Be sure to check out the Lemongrass Beef Banh Mi Sandwich with Fried Egg on Top she put together for the event-SCRUMPTIOUS!
- Brenda talked about Whole Grains, like quinoa. Her Curried Cauliflower with Israeli Couscous and Grains is nothing short of amazing and so good for you!
- And Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod talked about Popcorn! She does have some creative and addicting popcorn concoctions! I can’t wait to try her savory Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn! I took some inspiration from this food trend for todays recipe too.
For participating, Land O’Lakes generously sent me some goodies…..
You could win a set too! It includes:
- one full-value coupon for any Land O Lakes® Butter Half Sticks
- one full-value coupon for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- one Le Creuset cast iron skillet (LOVE THIS SKILLET!!)
- Anthropologie – Serving Bowl, a half stick Butter Dish and the coolest measuring spoons!
- Leave a comment and tell me which food trend inspires you.
For Bonus Entries:
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Land O’Lakes on Pinterest.
- Pin this post and let me know you did.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Land O’Lakes on Twitter.
- Tweet the following “I entered a #giveaway from @missnthekitchen & @LandOLakesKtchn with @LeCreuset, @Anthropologie , & BUTTER! http://bit.ly/ZCGdWA“
- If you are a facebook fan of Miss in the Kitchen or Land O’Lakes leave me a comment.
I had been thinking of all sorts of popcorn recipes since the webinar. When I started cooking up the Toasted Sesame & Almond Caramel Popcorn the guys were pretty skeptical to say the least.
I knew it would either be fabulous or a complete flop. I got what I was hoping for and it was FABULOUS! The guys were surprised and they loved it too. I know it sounds a little bit different but trust me, it is addicting.
Just look at those toasted sesame seeds and almonds and that sticky caramel, how can you resist?
- 2 tablespoons Land O'Lakes butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons Land O'Lakes butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche caramel
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a medium skillet add 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. When butter is melted add sesame seeds and almonds and cook, stirring often until toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Pour into a shallow dish to cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large pan or Dutch oven and melt over low heat. Add toasted sesame oil, and dulce de leche, stir until melted and smooth. Add marshmallows and continue to cook, stirring constantly until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in popcorn, until completely coated.
- Pour onto a lined baking sheet and spread flat. Sprinkle with salt and reserved toasted sesame seeds and almonds.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
Disclosure: I received the skillet, butter dish, bowl, measuring spoons, and product coupons for participating in the webinar, and Land O’Lakes is sponsoring the giveaway. I was not compensated for the review and all opinions are my own.